[IAEP] Crunch Time

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Jan 16 02:05:54 EST 2012

On 01/15/2012 09:44 PM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> OK.  I'll make a Pineaple Live CD for the Mac on my Mac.  Can I make a
> live CD on my Mac that will run on a PC?

You can burn an .iso file on the Mac in DiskUtility.app that works on
PC's and Intel Mac's
Trisquel 5-sugar will boot on the Mac (mac HD or what we want: windows
boot)- connects only with a USB D-Link DWL-122 Dongle
-sees jabber
-record 87 (Update) sees Mac Camera and takes pictures
-not all activities work

Pineapple 64 bit will boot on the Mac (mac HD or what we want: windows
boot) - no internet connection (only looking for wireless, wired not seen)
Pineapple 32 bit will boot on the Mac (mac HD or what we want: windows
boot) - no internet connection (only looking for wireless, wired not seen)

hold "option" key down until windows or EFI appears.  wait can be 10-20 sec.

Note: Latest SoaS versions do not seem to have a working EFI boot
anymore. Fedora must have made some changes : (

 >All CD's will boot an intel PC<

All CD's were burned on my i7 MacBook Pro tonight to test for you.

Cordially

Tom Gilliard
satellit_ on #sugar