[IAEP] Fixing activities documentation for the new UI

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Jan 15 09:13:38 EST 2012

On 14 January 2012 07:02, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Pablo Flores <pflores2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yesterday we discussed with Sridhar Dhanapalan and other OLPC-Australia team
>> people the impact of updating the Sugar version on their deployment. One of
>> the unforeseen impacts comes to the documentation they have made for
>> training their teachers, as it has plenty of screenshots and videos that got
>> outdated because of all the UI changes made recently.  This will bring an
>> important amount of work for updating...
>>
>> One of the things that could be very helpful for them would be having the
>> floss manuals updated. I took a look at the manuals of "classic" activities
>> and they weren't updated. It would be great if some of the contributors who
>> worked on those manuals could lend a hand for having them updated.
>>
>> Looking further, I think there should be some way for keeping the activities
>> documentation updated, or at least having a single place to see for each
>> activity how much updated its documentation is. Looking for ideas for having
>> this done.
>>
>> Would it make sense including documentation updating in the upstreaming
>> process somehow?
>
> Perhaps a coincidence? I was corresponding with Adam this morning
> about the possibility of organizing a sprint to update the Sugar
> manuals. I was going to put out a call for a champion on the Sugar
> side to help organize it. Any takers?
>
> -walter

The discussion with Pablo was on the same topic, so not just a coincidence.

Our OS (based on Dextrose 3) is mostly Sugar 0.94 as included in OLPC
OS 11.3.1. We've made some changes, but nothing too drastic. Updated
documentation on Sugar 0.94 and its activities would take us most of
the way there.

Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Engineering Manager