[IAEP] [support-gang] SoaS Breakthrough!

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:32:57 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Tim McNamara
<paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:
> 2012/1/13 Iain Brown Douglas <iain at browndouglas.plus.com>:
>>
>> So, if an enthusiastic volunteer had demonstrated Sugar on a Stick to a
>> school's "IT person" who has no previous sugar or linux experience -
>> what would need to be on their learning curve, to set up such a system?

Working with the school "IT person" might be tricky, but I've already
seen Ruben's implementation of a thin-client Sugar installation in
action at SugarCampLima.  We wanted to show a number of people the
work they had done the day before on translations into Aymara and
Quechua in a "live build", which Ruben created in TOAST on his laptop
and tethered to several other machines.  I think they were Classmates
connected by CAT5 ethernet, which could be an issue on XO laptops
(lacking an Ethernet connector).

cjl