[IAEP] [support-gang] Questions RE Images for FLOSS Manual

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:03:21 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks….
> I am preparing several images for the TamTam Mini Floss Manual and the
> TamTam section in the updated users manual.
> I will be taking screenshots from the XO, editing, cropping, adding text and
> arrows and the like to illustrate different points.  When I upload these to
> the Booki site, who do I put for the "Rights holder" and what do I choose
> for the "License"?  Should I just make FLOSS Manuals the rights holder and
> the License a General Public License like the example in the Booki users
> manual or is there something else I should use?

I'm not sure GPL is what you would apply to images

My favorite license for created text and images would be CC0 (cee-cee-zero)


which pretty much has the effect of a dedication to the public domain.

CC-BY is also a good choice if you want acknowledgement that you
created it to be preserved.



More information about the IAEP mailing list