[IAEP] [OLPC library] OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ in Boston

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Feb 8 15:04:44 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
> Plz read all the wiki details & RSVP here if you will contribute+attend, as
> we will very shortly reach capacity:
>
>     http://j.mp/xomanual
>
> 20 People Expected in Person, from 4+ continents: Sameer Verma, Mike Lee,
> Walter Bender, Claudia Urrea, Richard Smith, Christoph Derndorfer, Reuben
> Caron, Mark Battley, Paul Fox, George Hunt, Chris Ball, Nancie Severs,
> CScott Ananian, Craig Perue, Saadia Baloch, Bill Stelzer, Bernie Innocenti,
> Dogi Unterhauser, Laura de Reynal, Adam Holt, etc -- even Sugar Labs' new
> finance officer Robert Fadel, and Pablo Flores if we are lucky!

Awesome! I hope we do get lucky :-)

> BONUS PREGAME: Apr 2-6 video tutorials sprint proposed for our favorite
> Sugar activities, thanks to Bill Stelzer, Mark Battley, Laura de Reynal,
> Christoph Derndorfer and a growing list of talented mediamakers.

I would like to re-kindle the idea of screencasts. Here it is briefly:
The idea was to script a handful of basic show-and-tell in any
activity (start, work through the activity, highlight the various
toolbar items, and close with a Journal reflection). Record using a VM
or recordmydesktop directly in Sugar, then make the OGV available
someplace. The OGV can be split into audio and video, so we can redo
the audio in different languages and do localization. We start with a
few (six maybe?) and let others jump in.

cheers,
Sameer