[IAEP] It's a book!

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Dec 21 19:54:00 EST 2012

Quoting Chris Leonard (2012-12-21 20:04:37)
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Chris Leonard
> <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Wauw - really exciting!  And freely licensed!
> >>
> >> I am curious about sources for the book - are those freely and
> >> openly available too?  It seems you do not mention source location,
> >> neither at the web page nor inside the PDF.
> >

> > By "sources for the book" are you talking about the book file itself
> > or the example projects?
> >
> > many of the example projects appear to be hosted at
> >
> > http://etoysillinois.org/library
> >
> > cjl
>

> If you mean the book itself, it looks like there is a little problem
> with the link on this page:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/
>
> bad link
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/learning-with-etoys-imagine-invent-inspire/
>
> Error
> This page does not exist. Book
> request=learning-with-etoys-imagine-invent-inspire Chapter
> request=index

Yes, I mean the book itself.

I am involved in Debian, where we go by a principle that code and
documentation must be Free not only in its "binary" (i.e. consumer) form
but also its source.

It is not satisfactory that some kind of "source" can be derived from
the "binary" (e.g. reverse engineering, screen-scraping etc.) but that
the preferred source format of the authors is made available.

By no means to I mean to impose this principle must apply to this book.
But I am curious _if_ it does apply, because then I have the opportunity
of getting the book included with Debian, and that way also included
with Skolelinux, which I am sure would be quite appreciated and used.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

 - Jonas