[IAEP] Sugarized binaries? was Re: users doing python in XOs

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:50:21 EST 2012

You are right, Bert, sorry, got carried away. The main point was not
compiled vs. interpreted, that was just a point of theology.

The main point for me :-) is
1)  stuff that currently lives as RPMs be usable by Uruguayan XO users,
who are no allowed /sudo/
I hoped some kind of Sugarization or wrapper or something could do it
msp430-libc and dependencies, and mspdebug

2) one of those binaries, mspdebug, also currently needs to be run as sudo
again, maybe there was a way to do it without.

I really don't have the skills or knowledge. Also, due to Uruguay going
to Classmates for Middle School onwards, this sort of becomes a moot point.