[IAEP] Sugarized binaries? was Re: users doing python in XOs

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 11:57:39 EST 2012

Good points you raise. So let me follow up,

question,

is there someone currently I could follow up off list with experience in
sugarizing binaries? It appears Tomeu was the expert...
Also, nice Flossmanuals, but a bit beyond my current skills, and
apparently still relies on yum
http://en.flossmanuals.net/sugar/ch031_running-gnulinux-applications/
I will try to contact the 2008 credited people also

The goal would be to be able to bypass the need for sudo yum when
installing the MSP430 toolchain rpms, so Uruguayans are not left out the
world of Microcontrollers

I don't quite get this "wrapper" thing

BTW and with lesser importance, my authorities were that C and variants
are faaaaar ahead (45% !) of Python (4%) or anything else, and even more
so every day, as "the language for the real world" right now, especially
when you sum C, C++, C#, and that Apple C I never remember the name of
(checked: Objective C) that is growing so much in the US right now to
the point of being, without even counting the other Cs, the "number one"
by itself.

I'm surprised to hear otherwise, but then there are specialized
applications, I agree, and opinions :-)
I quote the Python link:
“It’s still a relatively niche skill-set and demand isn’t astronomical,
so rates are not as high as they could be,”

data:
freshest, November 2012
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

2011