[IAEP] Google Rise Awards

Brooks, Kevin Kevin.Brooks at ndsu.edu
Fri Aug 3 12:44:20 EDT 2012

Chris and Walter,

Google said it got so many applications it could not provide feedback. The winners had great proposals, so I just think the competition is stiff.  Sugar would be a good fit for Summer of Code; probably same problem.

We might need to strengthen the "computational thinking" component our curriculum.  We have the kids do fun things with Sugar, but Google and NSF seem to be looking for sound approaches to computational thinking.  Ideas appreciated!

Kevin