[IAEP] Google Rise Awards

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 3 12:35:34 EDT 2012

Hi Kevin,

thanks a lot for the heads-up and for all the information on your Web site.

Did you get any feedback as to why the proposal wasn't accepted? Because
similarly to you it's my impression that Sugar-related activities should
fit in quite well with RISE's scope...

Cheers,
Christoph

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Brooks, Kevin <Kevin.Brooks at ndsu.edu> wrote:

> We submitted a Google Rise proposal last year, but were not funded. The
> competition does seem like a good fit for Sugar Camps, after school
> programs, etc., especially if working with populations underrepresented in
> the CS world.
>
> http://fargoxo.wordpress.com/grant-proposals/google-rise-proposal-2012/
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Brooks
> Chair
> Department of English
> Dept 2320, Box 6050
> Morrill 219A
> North Dakota State University
> Fargo ND 58108-6050
> 701-231-7147
> http://english.ndsu.edu/faculty/kevin_brooks/
>
> The computer's true function is to program and orchestrate terrestrial and
> galactic environments and energies in a harmonious way.  -- Marshall McLuhan

Christoph Derndorfer

volunteer, OLPC (Austria) [www.olpc.at]
editor, OLPC News [www.olpcnews.com]
contributor, TechnikBasteln [www.technikbasteln.net]