[IAEP] "Mi Vida Loca" BBC's Spanish Course... Great Fun!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 21:52:39 EDT 2012

Hi All…

Some of you were looking for good resources for learning some Spanish last year. Better late than never… here is a great one I discovered a few days ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/trailer.shtml

It is a mystery story set in Spain and the Canary islands. The Spanish they speak is the Spanish of Spain, so some of it will sound a bit strange… but watch out for the "English" English too… "learnt", "lift", "knickers", etc.

But what fun! And it has lots of supplementary activities and lessons to enhance your learning. I did it all in 3 days, but I skipped the supplementary  stuff… just wanted to get on with the story! I suggest, however, checking out the activities too unless you have had a lot of Spanish before.

Parts of the materials (e.g. watching it straight through like a movie) aren't available outside the UK, but all of the lesson materials are.

Check it out!  Enjoy!

Caryl
P.S. This is a very professional production! They even customize some of the scenes to the viewer's choice (like on a menu) or sex (like the type of clothing and shoes you look at on a shopping expedition).