[IAEP] FW: Need Sources of Images for FotoToon

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:14:20 EDT 2012

Hi Guys...
Looks like this won't go through with the attached image, so I removed it.  Too bad!  I can't wait fro a moderator to check it... I meed answers!
Thanks, Caryl

From: cbigenho at hotmail.com
To: support-gang at laptop.org; iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Need Sources of Images for FotoToon
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 22:26:23 -0700

Hi Folks,

I'm working on the FotoToon chapter for the help Activity refresh.  it's  a great little program (sorry, Activity) and I'm really enjoying playing around with it.  My sample chapter uses photos imported via usb from my camera. I'll attach my sample project, just for fun.

I would like to be able to list which Activities can generate images in png or tiff or jpg, or whatever to import to FotoToon (if it can be viewed in Image Viewer, it can be imported). If you are familiar with some of the Activities and know that they can export images, please send a short note, with instructions for doing it so I can learn how. Screen shots don't count because they show the menu bars, etc. (unless you know an easy way to remove them with an XO).

Ed helped me with the "photo shoot." I tried to keep the sample foods ones that would have a wide international recognition (while trying to minimize brand names) … also the red-checked cloth and the plain white plates can be found many places around the world. I also plan to upload the photos separately so that translators can use them when the manual gets localzed.

Thanks,
Caryl

P.S. When we were done with the shoot… we ate the props!
P.P.S. I notice no one has signed on to do a text "help chapter" for the Record Activity.  Is there anyone out there who can pick it up? It is a core Activity that really needs to be covered well.  If you would like to sign up... you know the drill. Here is the link to the Table of Contents (TOC): http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh/TOC