[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-04-12

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:19:27 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> During the conversation with the learning team, the topic of nutrition
> came up. FZT is working with USAID on a nutrition curriculum. We
> discussed ways to integrate the curriculum into Sugar, by or example,
> using the Turtle Art [1]. I was inspired by our discussion of the Food
> Pyramid, so on the flight back to Boston, I wrote a new activity, [2].
> What is potentially fun about it is that not only can you explore the
> precompiled database of foods, but you can also load your own foods
> into the database. So, for example, a child could take a photo (using
> Record) or draw a picture (using Paint) of dinner, and then load that
> food into the activity.

Walter, the Food Pyramid is so 10 minutes ago :-)

Almost a year ago the USDA guidelines changed to the MyPlate iconography.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyPlate

In any event, the Nutrition activity UI strings will be available for
translation into your favorite language in Pootle as soon as all of
the Honey languages are refreshed from Pootle templates.  This is a
process that is taking longer and longer as we keep adding activities.
 Sort of a nice problem to have.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator
http://translate.sugarlabs.org