[IAEP] [support-gang] Problems!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 23:23:35 EDT 2011

Hi Again,

I ran the test and found that the culprit is the "2" key, as I suspected.  I have no qualms about dis-assembly and messing with the keyboard (done it before... remember my wiki article on Keyboard Field Repairs? < http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Keyboard_field_repairs > ). I left all my tiny screwdrivers in CA so I may have to take the machine with me... maybe Ed (my husband) has some small ones here I can borrow. I would prefer to return it to the CP here in MT in working condition before I head back to SoCal.

When I ran the test, it indicated another problem... something about "5 Bad blocks in NAND flash"  or something like that, it flew by really fast).  Is this something that I need to worry about?  Will it cause problems?

I'll try the fixes referred to in the wiki article and the links there.  They are all pretty old. Does anyone have anything new to add?

If this doesn't work, I'll take it home and, maybe let the kids in one of the other CP projects I work with fix it. They are just getting started on that sort of stuff.  < http://famliolpcsocalaudubonms.wordpress.com/ >

Thanks for all the help.  This is part of what makes volunteering with OLPC and Sugar Labs so much fun!

Caryl