[IAEP] [support-gang] Problems!

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Sep 15 03:32:23 EDT 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 2:58 AM, Kevin Mark wrote:

> This brings to mind the wiki page for 'sticky keys'. my xo-1 and other xo-1s
> has this keybaord that had keyboard issue like you described. Sometimes
> messaging the keys works, sometimes playing with the membrane, or other ideas
> on the wiki page and of couse replacement.  if you attached a USB keyboard,
> could that override the internal to access OFW?

I don't believe so.   The damaged keyboard would continue to
insert keypress events into the input stream.

> the OFW keyboard testa (test /keyboard?) would show the issue if you could get
> to it I'm guessing.

You should be able to enter hardware self-test by holding down the
"check" key (to the far right of the display).   It eventually gets around
to testing the keyboard.    Early versions of OFW may not support this.

Cheers,
wad