[IAEP] Google RISE Awards

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 2 08:37:17 EDT 2011

Hi all,

via Twitter I just stumbled across a new Google program called RISE
(Roots in Science and Engineering) Awards where organizations can apply
for up to $10,000 / €10,000 for projects promoting and supporting STEM
and CS education initiatives.

The application period in Europe has started already and runs until
October 31st whereas the US application portal will become available "in
the fall". More information can be found on
http://www.google.com/diversity/rise/index.html

This almost sounds like a natural fit for many projects in the OLPC and
Sugar space such as Turtle Art, eToys, Measure, etc. so I thought this
could be of interest to many people here.

I'm definitely already thinking about project ideas which OLPC (Austria)
could apply for:-)

Cheers,
Christoph

--