[IAEP] [support-gang] Fwd: [OLPC-SF] OLPC SF 2011 Community Summit - Poster contest

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Oct 14 12:10:32 EDT 2011

On 10/6/2011 3:40 PM, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> It may also be a good idea if you can tell us a few details about how
> the posters are going to be printed.
>
> That way if they use images, they can be provided to you with a
> reasonable dpi setting, and we know if we should stick to solid
> colors/line art or if photos will work as well.

Yes, clarif very helpful if poss!  I've spoken with 1 volunteer artist
who is very concerned her artwork will be cut off around the edges, she
writes:

/O//fficial instructions didn't mention bleed, but to play safe I will
add on a few mm around the edges and hope they cut back to the stated
size. If the bleed was unnecessary, no matter. If they enlarge it and
then cut to size (cutting off part of the design), *I shall be pissed
:-)*//I fear that's what they will do, though, since they are receiving
contributions from people not familiar with making posters for print./

Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !