[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2011-10-11

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Tue Oct 11 21:04:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 07:38:26PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> == Sugar Digest ==

> 3. Ignacio Rodrigez, a young developer from Uruguay was issued a
> Magellan computer from Plan Ceibal upon entering middle school. He
> pointed out to me that the machine comes with Sugar installed on top
> of Ubuntu. Details are still a bit sketchy, but some version of Sugar
> is running (and presumably supported by someone). The only activity
> shipped with Sugar is a very old version of Turtle Art. This is
> somewhat ironic, since Turtle Art can be run directly from GNOME. I
> asked Ignacio to please install the latest version of Turtle Blocks,
> which he was able to do with apparently no difficulties.

Great to hear that Ignacio is able to give some feedback and testing. We need
more Ignacio's :)

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Q:	How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	Two, one to hold the giraffe, and the other to fill the bathtub
	with brightly colored machine tools.

	[Surrealist jokes just aren't my cup of fur.  Ed.]