[IAEP] reporting simple error on pippy 42

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:44:30 EDT 2011

since when?

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:42:48 -0300
From: gonzalo at laptop.org
To: ana.cichero at gmail.com
CC: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [IAEP] reporting simple error on pippy 42

This is not a bug, is a feature.I don't know why, but Pippy is translated Peppy in spanish.
Gonzalo

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM, ana.cichero <ana.cichero at gmail.com> wrote:

When using the Activity in spanish the word Peppy appears with mouse
over on the home view, and when saving on Journal it is also shown as
Peppy.

( I had forgotten to use reply to all , sending this twice to Walter, apologizing then )

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM, ana.cichero <ana.cichero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please resend to whom corresponds.

> When installing on spanish the name of the activity changes to Peppy

> Inside locale>es

> file activity.linfo shows

> [Activity]

> name = Peppy

> While locale>en

> shows Pippy so I think name has not changed.

What you are describing sounds correct: the English name will not

change. But I assume that the Spanish name does not appear translated

in Sugar?

-walter

> I did not check for other languages.

> Regards.