[IAEP] OLPC computers spotted on a photo from 2015

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:39:20 EDT 2011

Hi Christoph,

On 3 Oct 2011, at 15:54, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken they're simply running the Scratch activity - which visually hasn't been adapted to Sugar so far.

If I understand their design decisions, I think 'so far' is hoping too much for a closer UI fit with other Sugar activities. Their goal is that it should look as identical as possible on all supported platforms, making it a standard 'a platform' in its own right. It does at least now offer the support of saving to the Journal (thanks Bert). You still have to go through their save dialogue, select the 'Journal' and type a file name, but it at least remembers all that if you resume a project previously saved to the Journal.

Reminds me... I must try sending those new Scratch Journal entries to a friend and see if it transfers OK between machines (should be fine as long as the correct MIME details have been set).

Regards,
--Gary