[IAEP] [Sur] Teachers ask programmers / Maestros preguntan a Programadores

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed Nov 30 07:02:05 EST 2011

Carlos

Thanks for your comments. Walter will reply but meantime here are my thoughts.

> The reason I brought up the "Circle-the-Cat" game
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/gf3/circle-the-cat.html
> was not to discuss its value as an educational program.

Yes, understood, but it did trigger an idea for a good Activity for older children.

> My question,  which you didn�t answer,  was if this could be an alternative to use instead of Sugar,  or maybe a means for delivering the applications already developed under Sugar.

Yes, there are lots of good materials available on the web, eg http://www.fi.uu.nl/wisweb/ and http://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/AnimatedGIFs.html for example

These are good alternatives to Sugar and I hope all students get to try them.

But I do not understand your point. Is it that we should be discussing and considering these options? Yes we should. Yes we are, right now.

Are you suggesting that all the resources devoted to Sugar should be redirected to web apps? No I don't think that is a good idea.

Tony