[IAEP] Contemplating Your SLOBS Vote

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:39:45 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:25 AM,  <nanonano at mediagala.com> wrote:
>>On 18/11/2011 11:10 a.m., Walter Bender wrote:
>>Is there a social-networking site in your country where the teachers
>> gather?
>

> In Uruguay we have created a Forum so that teachers and volunteers could
> communicate, but very few teachers enter to that forum asking something and
> then they left. Currently most of the people on that forum are children.

That is something at least. Feedback from children is also important
:) Can Sugar developers also join this forum?

> We opened also a social network on http://rapceibal.info/ and we made a
> group for the teachers, but with the same result, some teachers came to ask
> something and they didn't return.

My hypothesis is that we need to go to the teachers rather than make a
new place for them to come to. But I don't know where they are
currently hanging out. I built a survey to ask that question but could
not get it circulated among the teachers. Perhaps someone closer to
the ground in .UY (and other countries) could do this?

Of course, it may be the case that the teachers are not active in any
social network. In that case, it would seem to make sense to invite
them to a room in an existing network rather create a new network
(although I concede that I am lazy).

regards.

-walter

> Paolo Benini