[IAEP] DrGeo pre-release 11.12e

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Thu Nov 17 09:47:57 EST 2011

A bit more information to do a pre-release update directly from your
installed DrGeo on the XO laptop:

1. it works!
2. it takes time (maybe 10 min) to fetch the pre-release code, compile
it in the DrGeo environement, then do the clean up.
3. After the installation of the pre-release code:
DO NOT FORGET TO: i. close all DrGeo windows, ii. save the DrGeo session
to make the update persistent.

The good news is DrGeo is very fast to get ready when loaded, less than
5s on X01.

It will be possible to have a DrGeo running x3 faster with the use of
the new Squeak COG VM, but this VM does not have some parameter
necessary for Sugar.
I can't make the change myself on my free time, my plate is full with
DrGeo. If anyone can make this effort it will be great.

Bye

Hilaire

--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire