[IAEP] Video player for wiki.sugarlabs.org

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Nov 9 22:08:33 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:07 +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> Thanks Bernie
>
> The Sugar Labs video channel is here: http://www.dailymotion.com/sugarlabs
>
> Ogg-compatible!

I tried playing DailyMotion videos on the XO, but the flash player makes
Gnash choke.

So I tried it on my computer, without the adobe flash plugin installed:
it attempts to start an HTML5 player, but it fails immediately with
"Media Not Supported" on Firefox 7 and no explanation on Chromium 15.
Moreover, there's no discoverable way to download the video file
(probably it's so by design).

Even if these issues were fixed, I still see some value in playing
videos directly from our wiki, alongside with images and text, to create
lesson plans for example.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team