[IAEP] MYOSA, 7 sales, still no reviews

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:33:51 EDT 2011

Uli,

There is an EPUB version of the book on the Internet Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/MakeYourOwnSugarActivities

In the Introduction (which is included in the free sample you can get
from the Kindle store) I explain where you can get the different
formats the book is in, including the free downloads in the Internet
Archive.  The idea of putting the book in the Kindle Store was not to
make money so much as it was to expose the book to people who might
otherwise not see it, like people looking for books on Python.  99
cents is the minimum price in the Kindle Store and I figured that
people might pay that for the wireless delivery to their Kindles.  You
can easily put MOBI files on a Kindle using the USB/charging cord that
comes with it, but Amazon doesn't go out of their way to tell you
that.

The way I made the book is to start with an EPUB and run the kindlegen
utility against it.  So while the book is not in an open format it
started out in an open format.

When you put a book in the Kindle Store you can ask for DRM or not.
Apparently once you ask for DRM there is no turning back.  I'll never
put DRM on my books, though.  As you point out, it limits your market.

James Simmons