[IAEP] Turtles All The Way Down

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:09:33 EDT 2011

Le 21/05/2011 03:17,
mokurai at earthtreasury.org a écrit :
> Seymour Papert also proposed creating an environment in which learning
> math would be as easy as learning ordinary language. Smalltalk has a
> number of kinds of number and shape objects, but I have not seen much else
> in the way of mathematical objects. I am trying to go through various
> subjects to extract the ideas that preschoolers can absorb, and create
> materials to encourage them to explore those ideas.

DrGeo provides those extensions to Smalltalk for the Euclidean geometry
field. This opens large use case in teaching programming related to
history of math, largely based on Euclidean geometry.

http://www.reunion.iufm.fr/recherche/irem/spip.php?article493
http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programmation_objet_et_g%C3%A9om%C3%A9trie
http://revue.sesamath.net/spip.php?article330

Sorry those references are only in French, a lot of teachers exploring
programming for math seems to come from that place.

Hilaire

--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire