[IAEP] The XOrobots in Montevideo

Andres Aguirre aguirrea at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:49:07 EDT 2011

Caryl, is great that you liked the project butiá (the XO robot)
If you want, you could upload the photos/videos to the facebook group of the
project
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147042805312846
I leave a video of the robot in the eduJAM here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6P1pQ71IM
Also, there is some pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/butiarobot/sets/
Thanks for taking pictures!!
Regards
Andrés, from the Butiá team

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> I have some photos and a short video that I took of the robot project they
> showed us in Montevideo.  The file size of the email with all of them
> attached is to large and many of your email servers are bouncing it back.
>  So I will send the files individually in separate files.  I hope they come
> through that way!
>

> The project was done by a group of engineering students at one of the
> universities there.  Their website address shows in one of the photos. I've
> also included screenshots of the code they wrote to make it happen.  It is
> written in "Turtle Art".... a version of Logo.  How's your Spanish?
>

> Here is a guide to the attachments:
>

> *XOrobots1.avi*: A movie showing two of the robots in action.  One starts
> around the oval, senses the other one waiting and stops. The other senses
> the first one and starts around the oval and goes until it reaches the first
> one. Then the process proceeds.  The robots are programmed to go only where
> the surface is black.  If they are put in one of the black floor tiles, they
> continue moving about within the square, but never leave it.
>

> *XOrobots2.jpg* and XOrobot4.jpg: screenshots of the TurtleArt code
> written to make it work.
>

> *XOrobot3.jpg*: A still shot of a single XOrobot going around the circle.
> Shows their website address.
>

> *XOrobot5*.jpg: A shot of the wheeled platform with the XO removed.
>

> Looks like fun doesn't it!
>

> Caryl

/\ndrés