[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] XO power management hindering collaboration

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sun May 15 14:51:07 EDT 2011

In what build(s) is this occurring?  And are you using a schoolserver or
not?

OLPC release 10.1.3 fixed some issues with XO 1.5's waking up in response to
multicast traffic on the network.  This is necessary for Salut/"under the
tree" usage to work with power management.  XO-1's with 10.1.3 are
configured by default to always stay on, as they (to the best of my
understanding) historically have had an occasional issue where the network
card might not reappear after suspending.

In 11.2.0 both XO-1's and 1.5's currently are allowed to suspend, although I
do not know if that will be the final setting.