[IAEP] OLPC in Science-Subjects --- NEED HELP!!!

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 07:01:05 EDT 2011

Hi Johanna,

On 12 May 2011, at 20:08, "Johanna Wener" <johanna.wener at chello.at> wrote:

> Hello Everybody!
>
> I’m studying at the University of teacher education in graz in austria to become a teacher for primary school.
>
> For my final thesis I’m working in a class with olpcs to find out which programmes can be used in the subjects of science.
>
> I worked with FotoToon, Labyrinth, InfoSlicer and many more.

Just wanted to confirm that Labyrinth does support exporting its maps as PDF so you can use them in resolution independent ways elsewhere if needed. I rarely print anything myself, but I'd suggest popping in a USB memory stick and using Journal to drag the PDF to the stick, then take the stick over to a machine set up to use your printer (or email). Here's a screen grab of the Labyrinth toolbar with the PDF export button:

    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Labyrinth_Toolbar_1.png

Regards,
--Gary