[IAEP] OERs and collaboration

Teemu Leinonen teemu.leinonen at aalto.fi
Fri May 13 03:31:31 EDT 2011

On 12.5.2011, at 18.09, Valerie Taylor wrote:
> A wiki-based solution could work.

We are hosting an experimental wiki-like solution for primary and
secondary school teachers for finding, authoring and sharing OERs. The
are close to 20 000 educators from 65 countries working in 48
languages (the UI is available in 14 languages). The site is here:

http://lemill.net/

In LeMill teachers can create:

I Content
(1) educational web pages with embedded media,
(2) exercise with
	a) multiple choice questions,
	b) fill-in-the-blanks exercise,
	c) open-ended questions or upload questions from Hot Potatoes,
(3) Lesson plans
(4) Media pieces (upload images and sound clips)
(5) Reference (links to external websites

II Methods
- Descriptions of teaching and learning methods (from brainstorming to
seminar)

III Tools
- Descriptions of teaching and learning tools (from post-it notes to
mindmap software)

Despite of the relatively large number of users and OERs only the
Georgian and the Estonian communities are truly active and lively. The
tag cloud of languages spoken by the community members is interesting:

http://lemill.net/community/cloud?base=language&type=MemberFolder

We also have some hypothesis why the Georgians and Estonians are so
active.

It would be great to have more Sugar-related content on LeMill.

Best regards,

	- Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/