[IAEP] OERs and collaboration

Valerie Taylor vtaylor at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:33:00 EDT 2011

Actually, it was Tony's blog that got me thinking about how to make
the wiki entries more additive with templates/forms (rather than
wiki-style edit everything). His blog entry would be great as a
"section" or page or link associated with Activity:Turtle Art. More
connectivity and networking to facilitate retrieval, adoption,
adaption, contribution and collaboration.

Annotated bookmarks Diigo, Delicious address some of the problems
associated with making existing OERs retrievable but it is hard to
limit vocabulary or require all categories types be provided.

I think there is merit in having a public repository like the Sugar
Labs wiki to encourage educators and others to see what is being done,
and build on that in a systematic way.
It wouldn't diminish the contribution that Tony is making via his own
blog, but it would focus activities of retrieval and casual
contribution into a really useful framework with examples, guided
contributions, peer review, adaptive uses, technical support...