[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] EduJAM day 2 Tour of Uruguay

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Tue May 3 14:57:50 EDT 2011

I would not personally know the history, but tap-to-click is intentionally
disabled for the Synaptics touchpad in newer (10.1.x?) OLPC software builds
for XOs.  You should be able to edit /etc/modprobe.d/olpc-psmouse.conf to
re-enable it:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10119

However, be aware that there is another brand of touchpad (indistinguishable
from the outside of an XO except in software) which may be present on some
XO-1.5s, and we currently do not disable tap-to-click on these:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10528

I would not know how often this other brand has been used, or if anyone has
them in XOs out in the field.