[IAEP] Any olpc/Sugar/ICT4E people in Spain?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 22 17:52:10 EDT 2011

If we take a step back I think David's observation really hits the nail
on the head in a broader sense.

While FLOSS solutions don't have the traditional vendor lock-in they do
often seem to come with some sort of platform lock-in (as per David's
example wrt custom educational tools).

Hence for example in the Sugar context I think that the efforts by
Walter and others to get a foot in the door of Argentina's Conectar
Igualdad program early on is vitally important. Two, three years down
the road it would probably take significantly more momentum to get Sugar
accepted in an already established environment.

As we'll probably see several initiatives similar to Conectar Igualdad
in the coming years and it makes sense to reach out to them early on.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer