[IAEP] Any olpc/Sugar/ICT4E people in Spain?

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:03:48 EDT 2011

Bah... ok...perhaps that was a bit of harsh statement..... meh would
be better... However, I have met many south Americans down here who
want to get involved and us the sugar environment in their future
endevours once they return home. I worked for Guadalinex.-edu, the
largest single Linux deployment in the world.... conclusion: Great
softwware, not tailored enough for them (5 million computer, 500
laptops per year, Ubuntu latest, but via something complex like rsync
or anything like that... that just made a great job at adding
important parts if they were educational, and spoke about them the
folllowing year to see if others might want to include it. The biggest
advantage here is that because Spain now had over 10 years fo
successfully using Linux in all areas of life, its just  a mtter of
showing any new things to make teahcers lives easier and really
kissing their asses so they cna push the rest if spain. Its clear
though, Linux is here to stay in Andalucia.... now hwat to u primtive
northern  folks say to that.

kind regrads,
David Van Assche

[Please Please read above]

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Gustavo Ibarra <ibarrags at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not an OLPC project, but there is a lot of Linux in the schools in
>> Extremadura. You could talk to the local government about using Sugar
>> on their laptops.
>>
>> http://news.squeak.org/2006/11/17/squeak-in-extremadura/
>
> more related links:
> http://tinyurl.com/5w7ocee
> http://squeak.educarex.es/Squeakpolis
> squeakpolis at juntaextremadura.net
>
> Diego an José L worked in the "squeak inextremadura" project and as
> far as iknow they live in spain
>
> Diego Gomez Deck        <DiegoGomezDeck at Consultar.com>
> José L. Redrejo Rodríguez <jredrejo at edu.juntaextremadura.net>
>

>> Have you asked on the OLPC-SUR list?
>>
>> There seems to have been a very modest OLPC España effort, but its
>> Wiki page has vanished away. Perhaps you can help restart it.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:56, Christoph Derndorfer
>> <e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> as some of you might know I moved to Madrid about a month ago
>>
>> How's your Spanish?
>>
>>> and will
>>> be here at least until the end of May but possibly also until late summer.
>>>
>>> Now I was wondering whether anyone here knows people working on
>>> olpc/Sugar/ICT4E who are based here in Madrid or elsewhere in Spain?
>>>
>>> I've looked around quite a bit but unfortunately didn't find anything
>>> related to olpc/Sugar/ICT4E so far, plus similarly minded communities
>>> (e.g. LUGs, hacker spaces, etc.) also seem to be quite rare around here.

Well the first step has been to try and get `people together here
which is damn hard... Iv'e ad 4-5 people involed here and we are
quickly moving towards creating a more ideas towards creating some
sort of charter fo what is an ettiquette of sorts, but nothing too
restrictive, more things like, if u'd like to something, then just set
a non conflicting date and do it

David