[IAEP] For Sugar Everywhere, Google-ize!

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Sat Mar 19 20:46:22 EDT 2011

I know I'm really late in this discussion, I'm sorry.
I just wanted to say I've been thinking in the same direction as Jameson.
I was playing with the code of Status.Net Desktop application a couple
of weeks ago:
http://status.net/desktop - its coded using the Appcelerator Titanium
API, which
provides a single API for coding in Python, PHP, Ruby and Javascript for
working with
Desktop items like Tray Icons, Notifications, etc.

I think the ability to program GUI items in html+css and code the
callbacks in Python
would be pretty cool and would make life easier for activity developers
(or easier for users, if we succeed in improving activities's user's
experiences).

I'll study Pyjamas.
Thanks for the pointer.

Sebastian