[IAEP] OER for a billion children

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:56:57 EST 2011

I have started to write about the economics of OER development in the
UNESCO WSIS forum.

http://www.wsis-community.org/pg/groups/14358/open-educational-resources-oer/
"We look forward to our 1,000th member (hopefully late March) and
5,000 members by the end of the year. We’re also setting our sights on
a provocative suggestion by Edward Mokurai Cherlin – can we educate a
billion children using OERs!!"

I explained briefly on the Welcome page.

http://www.wsis-community.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=59114&group_guid=14358

"My interest is in the complete ecology for education for a billion
children, as in the One Laptop Per Child program using XO laptops and
Sugar software. Now that laptops + OER are less expensive than printed
textbooks, this must become SOP in every education system,
K-postgraduate..."

The discussion is at

http://www.wsis-community.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=118512&group_guid=14358
Community discussion > OER Economics for a billion children

Let me know if you would like an invitation from UNESCO to join their
OER community, or send your request directly to
wsiscommunity-invitation at unesco.org.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/