[IAEP] OLPC at SCaLE 9X Photos For Folks who "Don't Do Facebook"

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Wed Mar 2 13:28:46 EST 2011

Thank you Adam for forwarding Caryl's presentation! I was bummed that I
missed it but someone had to man the booth.

Great turnout (and nothing to do with the fact that we were adjacent to the
Linux4Chix booth)! There was a chemist/biologist who had a great idea for an
activity for kids...some type of drag and drop protein simulation/game for
kids, but she said she's technically challenged and wouldn't know how to go
about developing anything (hopefully she'll follow-up with the discussion on
the mailing list). There were a few potential developers, kids who LOVED the
XO, teachers who have heard of the initiative and those who haven't, a
couple of folks who just dropped by to say "thanks" for starting the netbook
craze and "great job and keep going" to OLPC.

Thank you Caryl for organizing this. You did such a tremendous and amazing
job at it!

Best,
Cherry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10115865@N03/5491976254/in/set-72157626055858635/