[IAEP] [support-gang] How Many XOs?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 2 10:41:10 EST 2011

Am 02.03.2011 06:34, schrieb John Watlington:

> On Mar 1, 2011, at 7:41 AM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

>>> When I was in Buenos Aires in mid-December for a 3-day workshop
>>> organized by the Argentinian MoE I also met my former Argentinian host
>>> brother and his cousin who had received their Classmate PCs in late
>>> November.
>>>
>>> So I know that at least two of them have actually been distributed (and
>>> no, this time not based on dubious information from Kigali;-)

>>> I'll get in touch with some people in Buenos Aires to try and figure out
>>> what the current figure there is.
>>
>> Okay, just found
>> http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/sobre-el-programa/evaluacion-y-seguimiento/informe-de-avance-de-entregas/
>> which supposedly provides the number of distributed netbooks and is
>> updated on a weekly basis.
>>
>> The count as of today is 358,227.
>
> Impressive number.  What software are they running ?

It's dual-boot with Windows and Linux.

According to a manual
(www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/wp-content/themes/conectar_igualdad/pdf/Manual_alumnos.pdf)
on the Conectar Igualdad Web site for Linux they're using the
Debian-based (IIRC) OS from http://www.pixartargentina.com.ar/ however
one of the project leads just told me that it's Ubuntu so they might
have changed their mind since the manual was written.

On the Windows side there's also slightly confusing information with
again the manual making a reference to Windows XP whereas
http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/la-netbook/descripcion-de-los-equipos/tecnologia/tecnologia/
talks about Windows 7 Professional. But again I've asked that project
lead for a clarification and will report back once I know more.

Hope that helps.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer