[IAEP] [support-gang] How Many XOs?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 1 07:36:41 EST 2011

Am 28.02.2011 22:59, schrieb John Watlington:

> On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:27 AM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>
>> I'm still absolutely clueless about the total figures but what I do know
>> is that Argentina's Conectar Igualdad program
>> (http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/) will distribute 3 million
>> Classmate PCs in part of its public secondary school system by the end
>> of 2012. By late December approximately half a million of them had
>> supposedly been distributed.
>
> According to the web site at the URL provided above, none have
> been delivered to children as of Feb. 28.

When I was in Buenos Aires in mid-December for a 3-day workshop
organized by the Argentinian MoE I also met my former Argentinian host
brother and his cousin who had received their Classmate PCs in late
November.

So I know that at least two of them have actually been distributed (and
no, this time not based on dubious information from Kigali;-)

> We continue to hear that Classmates are being deployed, but nobody
> can provide concrete information about where and how many.

I'll get in touch with some people in Buenos Aires to try and figure out
what the current figure there is.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer