[IAEP] Sugar Labs: account confirmation

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at caltek.net
Thu Jun 30 21:18:22 EDT 2011

Thank you so much for the elp files.  it's a great story and introduction
to olpc...so many videos and they capture so much.

Hi Everyone,

I've been running the Australian training for teachers and the
XO-certification course at laptop.moodle.com.au course is available for
everyone to view when logged in as a guest. This course was mainly pulled
together by myself and some other team members at OLPC Australia- Liddy
Neville produced the previous course that some of you mentioned. It is no
longer active and cannot be accessed.

Anyone is welcome to use the course materials to build on for their own
training purposes- it is (BY-NC-SA). The learner manual is a synthesis of
much of the great info out already about the project and XOs- but it
should
be noted much of the technical information is specific to the Australian
build. If you would like to rework it, it has been put together in a nice
little tool called eXe (http://exelearning.org/wiki), another open source
project, which allows you to export to interlinked html pages, and I have
posted the manual here (
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16659157/Modifications%20to%20manual%20for%20OLPC.zip).
While the manual and course itself is available to reuse as you wish,
please
note that participant responses in forums or lessons they have posted are
not- please don't reuse their work without asking them, especially since
Australian teachers have varying intellectual property clauses related to
their employment depending on the jurisdiction.

The course is not available for enrolment for people outside the
Australian
program because I simply don't have time to facilitate that number of
participants. It's also highly contextualised to Australia so it wouldn't
necessarily make sense for teachers from other countries to work through
it
as is.

Please feel free to email me if you have any further questions or I can
help
with anything. We're very keen to contribute to the OLPC international
community if we can!

Cheers,

Tracy Richardson

Education Manager