[IAEP] Update on the Sugar Labs website refresh

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:11:40 EDT 2011

Many thanks Christian for this update

Yes I too saw that although Walter (the Sugar Digest [1]), myself (on
the lists [2] plus the olpcnews piece [3]), John (on the lists [4]),
JT & Mike (on the lists [5]) all asked for content, there was little
or no reaction. I believe we need to ask more concretely, i.e. "for
the X page we need a Y visual" - even if this means a list of
requests. I can't help but feel that the day the new site goes live
there will be complaints, while assistance now will make the site the
best it can be!

Another next step is to assemble a teacher panel to assess the site
usability. The Marketlab study [6] clearly showed that teachers are
not finding the information they need on our current sites, and
coupled with the high technical barriers to installing and configuring
Sugar means we discourage too many teachers from even trying
Activities. Teachers, contact us please to participate in the panel!

thanks

Sean

1. http://walterbender.org/?p=431
2. http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2011-March/012783.html