[IAEP] Update on the Sugar Labs website refresh

Christian Marc Schmidt anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
Wed Jun 29 17:22:45 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

John and I wanted to give you a brief update on the status of the
website. For the last few months we had the benefit of working with
two RIT students, JT and Mike, who helped us take initial steps in
launching a new and improved public-facing website. With their help,
we identified the shortcomings of the current site and the
opportunities for (a) better articulating the Sugar value proposition
and (b) keeping the site current with events and progress made by the
developer community.

There were a few learnings along the way: While JT and Mike were able
to gather and produce a fair number of assets, it was far more
difficult to get all the content we had hoped for and which we know
does exist. This means that we will be reaching out to the community
again in a short while to help us fill in the missing pieces. In the
meantime, thank you to all of you who helped to provide content in the
first round!

Next steps are to make further traction on the UI design in order to
give us a scaffold to populate with content as it comes in. This will
be happening over the next few weeks, and we'll keep all of you
updated when there are opportunities for feedback.

Thanks, and more to come,

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
917/ 575 0013