[IAEP] Concrete feedback

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 16 16:17:47 EDT 2011

Am 16.06.2011 21:52, schrieb Walter Bender:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM, <nanonano at mediagala.com> wrote:
>>> {...}
>>>

>>> Concrete Feedback:
>>>
>>> The journal is always full of garbage, hundreds of empty entries:  is
>>> there a possibility to "CLEAN" the JOurnal?,
>> From the Journal item's detail view there is an 'Erase' (minus sign) button
>> in the toolbar.  Clicking this button will clean out that Journal entry.
> I took Paolo's request to mean something slightly different: is there
> a way to do a bulk cleaning of the Journal, perhaps automated?
That's also how I understood it (especially based on his prior comment
on another thread).

> tch is close to having finished a multi-selection enhancement for the
> Journal that makes bulk delete much much easier. But it may be worth
> exploring some function to remove "empty" journal entries
> automatically.
Or general a sort of "select all". Because if I understand tch's current
design correctly then it requires the user to click and select each
Journal entry, right? Something like Shift + Select like on traditional
systems might be a good addition here.
> I am still a bit puzzled by the Journal spam issue, however, since I
> don't see much if any spam since moving to the
> open-most-recent-by-default home view. I'd love of an explanation as
> to where the spam is coming from.
When was the open-most-recent change implemented? After Sugar 0.82,
right? Since Plan Ceibal is only in the progress of upgrading machines
from 0.82 to 0.88 this could explain why Paolo is still seeing these
issues on an ongoing basis.

Cheers,
Christoph