[IAEP] calibre + OPDS for offline book catalogs.

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Mon Jun 13 14:20:26 EDT 2011

On Mon, June 13, 2011 8:30 am, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

>> Valerie Taylor and I are both very much interested in using such a
>> solution for the Replacing Textbooks project. We already know of sites
>> with 100,000 Open Education resources, and the rate of development is
>> accelerating. I just learned earlier today that Bangladesh has put more
>> than 100 of its existing K-12 textbooks online for free downloading,
>> covering its entire curriculum.
>>

> Would be great have a wiki page with information about book sources,
> licenses, etc.

Sources:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Open_Education_Resources

Just one of these sources lists over 100,000 OERs. You will have to
consult their listings for licenses. Or do you mean a page explaining the
licensing possibilities? Can do, but not right now.

--
Edward Mokurai
(默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر