[IAEP] Ancient Manners is on Project Gutenberg!

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:44:00 EDT 2011

If you've read any of my FLOSS Manual "E-Book Enlightenment" you know
that I've been preparing free e-books and contributing them to the
Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg Canada, and Distributed
Proofreaders Canada.  Yesterday I reached an important milestone: my
very first donation to Project Gutenberg has been accepted.

You can check it out here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36378/36378-h/36378-h.htm

It was a very challenging book to create.  I had to deal with Greek
transliteration, footnotes, umlauts, ligatures, accents of both
persuasions, United States copyright laws, old pages that did not OCR
very well, and 90 illustrations, many of them spicy.

Project Gutenberg is the very finest source of free e-books there is.
It is The Show.  It is white balls in the practice field.  It is women
with long legs and brains.  It is deep, soft, wet kisses that last for
three days.  It is the Navy Seals of free e-book repositories.  Just
getting a copyright clearance for your book is something to be proud
of.

Soon there will also be a hand-crafted version of this book in the
Kindle Store.  (The Kindle version that PG produces is generated from
the HTML and is not optimized to look good on the KIndle).  I would
expect that lavishly illustrated translations of randy French novels
will sell better than Make Your Own Sugar Activities! did.

Regrettably, Ancient Manners is not suitable reading for young
children.  Their teachers should enjoy it.

James Simmons