[IAEP] Is there a new geek anti-intellectualism?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jun 11 19:32:36 EDT 2011

Hi all,

thanks to Twitter I stumbled across a very interesting blog post called
"Is there a new geek anti-intellectualism?"
(http://larrysanger.org/2011/06/is-there-a-new-geek-anti-intellectualism/).

Particularly in combination with the author's replies
(http://larrysanger.org/2011/06/geek-anti-intellectualism-replies/) to
many of the comments his original story received after being widely
spread via Slashdot, Twitter, blogs, etc. this make for fascinating
weekend read.

I definitely haven't managed to wrap my head around all of it but as a
geek-dominated community working on education projects I feel some the
things being discussed there potentially also apply to our own efforts.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer