[IAEP] calibre + OPDS for offline book catalogs.

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Thu Jun 9 19:56:32 EDT 2011

On Tue, June 7, 2011 2:30 pm, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I will download Calibre and try it. If this not works, we can use code
> from Pathagar to create a catalog
> or use python to create the catalog.xml file with the data in the csv
> file, or use another
> simpler format (like json) to create local catalogs.
> I only need a little of time. This week si packed.
>
> Gonzalo

Valerie Taylor and I are both very much interested in using such a
solution for the Replacing Textbooks project. We already know of sites
with 100,000 Open Education resources, and the rate of development is
accelerating. I just learned earlier today that Bangladesh has put more
than 100 of its existing K-12 textbooks online for free downloading,
covering its entire curriculum.