[IAEP] Etoys Videos for Khan Academy

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 01:01:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Again,
> Someone posted a link to where they are being translated into Spanish. Maybe
> they will read this and post it again.  I didn't get a chance to check it
> out because it came when I was traveling.  I don't know if they used
> subtitles or created a new soundtrack. The latter would seem to be
> preferable. It wouldn't distract from the writing and it doesn't depend on
> the learner being able to read.

Apparently they plan on doing both subtitling and voiceover.

http://www.khanacademy.org/contribute

My issue with their process is that it requires an application
submitted via their forums and it does not appear to enable L10n via
hosted collaborative tools such as Poolte or Transifex, my concern is
tha tthey are setting the hurdle to contribute too high.

cjl