[IAEP] Etoys Videos for Khan Academy

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:25:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hola Paolo and all,
>
> The Khan Academy videos have already been converted to ogg and play very
> nicely on the XO-1.  I put instructions for doing it on a blog we have for a
> Contributors Program project I work with in South Central Los Angeles. Here
> is a link to the instructions which includes a link to the archives of the
> videos:
>
> http://famliolpcsocalaudubonms.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/khanacademy-future-of-world-education/#comments
>
> If you have time, you might enjoy looking at some of the other things on our
> blog.
>
> Abrazos y besos,
>
> Caryl

It seems to me that one of the more substantial challenges would be
developing the subtitling and mechanism for preparing the video
scripts for i18n and L10n.  I briefly looked at the L10n process on
the Khan Academy web-site and I didn't like it very much.

They would do well to use one of the formats supported in the Translate Toolkit

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/subtitles

and enable the use of PO files hosted on a Poolte server to localize
the subtitling process.

cjl