[IAEP] Next slobs meeting?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jun 5 11:55:43 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 15:19 +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> > It's a prototype idea, not yet discussed anywhere yet. I'd like to know
> > what the board members would think about asking a yearly fee from
> > members and, in case there's interest, how it could be implemented.
> >
> > I've done some research on how other foundations and free software
> > projects like us handle memberships, but I've not yet made my mind on
> > what works best.
>
> Interesting stuff! Looking forward to reading the SLOBs meeting log to
> see what everyone else thinks about this idea:-)

You're also welcome to join the meeting and propose your ideas on
membership and fundrising!

> However the licensing issue I had meant to inquire about (though I did
> not at all make that clear in my previous message, mea culpa) is the one
> about GPL v2 vs. v3.
>
> In the May 13 Sugar-Digest Walter wrote "At the most recent Sugar
> oversight-board meeting, we agreed to use a
> referendum to take the pulse of the community (See
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2011-05-08).
> Details to follow." so I had assumed that this topic would continue to
> be discussed by the SLOBs.

At the last board meeting, Luke Faraone was mentioned as someone who
could run the GPLv3 referendum, but he's been too busy with other
things. We could also ask someone else, but there's no urgency and Luke
has previous experience setting up an election on Selectricity.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team